Winston had some bad and soome good thoughts. Here are his top 20 inspirational and motivational quotes.
1) You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.
2) If you are going thru hell, keep going.
3) Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm.
4) The biggest argument against democracy is a five minute discussion with the average voter.
5) To improve is to change, to be perfect is to change often.
6) History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it.
7) I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
8) Never give in, never, never, never, never, in nothing greater or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
9) I am prepared to meet my makes; whether my makes is prepared to meet me is entirely another matter.
10) I like a man who grins when he fights.
11) The price of greatness is responsibility.
12) I have taken more good from alcohol than alcohol has taken from me.
13) There are a terrible lot of lies going around the world, and the worst of it is half of them are true.
14) For myself, I am an optimist – it does not seem to be much use being anything else.
15) The further back I look, the further forward I can see.
16) We shall show mercy, but we shall not ask for it.
17) There is nothing more exhilirating than to be shot at without result.
18) I hate nobody except Hitler – and that is professional.
19) We didn’t come this far because we are made of sugar candy.
20) I would say to the House, as I said to those who have joined this Government: “I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat. We have before us an ordeal of the most grievous kind. We have before us many, many long months of struggle and suffering. You ask, what is our policy? I can say: It is to wage war, by sea, land and air, with all our might and with all the strenght that God can give us: to wage war against a monstrous tyranny, never surpassed in the dark, lamentable catalogue of human crime. That is our policy. You ask, what is our aim? I can anwser in one word: It is victory, victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory, however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.”